1. Introduction and Terms
Widebeam Digital cares about our users information and is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using any of our apps.
We aim for our services to be a safe and enjoyable environments for our users.
2. Who are we?
Widebeam Digital Ltd is a mobile app company based in the United Kingdom incorporated at Companies House, company registration number: 06957672.
When we refer to “we” or “our”, we are referring to “Widebeam Digital” and any of our partners in mobile applications or websites.
3. What information will the Widebeam Digital collect about me?
When you sign up or register to any of Widebeam Digital’s app services, activities or online content, such as newsletters or competitions, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the type or app or service.
By submitting your details, you enable Widebeam Digital (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information and when we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
4. How will Widebeam Digital use the information it collects about me?
Widebeam Digital will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
1. to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
2. for “service administration purposes”, which means that Widebeam Digital may contact you for reasons related to the app service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular app service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
3. to contact you about any content you provide and/or upload to our apps and services.
4. to provide you with information about our app services, activities or online content;
5. to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries
6. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Widebeam Digital may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
7. Where Widebeam Digital proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will Widebeam Digital contact me?
Widebeam Digital may contact you:
in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Widebeam Digital can deliver the services to you;
in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Widebeam Digital products or services;
in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Widebeam Digital, e.g. on via an app or using customer support.
to invite you to participate in surveys about Widebeam Digital services (participation is always voluntary); and
for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Widebeam Digital will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will Widebeam Digital share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Widebeam Digital. However, sometimes Widebeam Digital uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Widebeam Digital requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Widebeam Digital requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on Widebeam Digital websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Widebeam Digital websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Widebeam Digital service, Widebeam Digital may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Widebeam Digital reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Widebeam Digital may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Widebeam Digital. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. How long will Widebeam Digital keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Widebeam Digital. If you cancel your registration as user of one of Widebeam Digital’s services and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while Widebeam Digital cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
11. Can I find out what personal information Widebeam Digital holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Widebeam Digital holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge 12 GBP for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Data Protection Dept, Widebeam Digital Ltd, 27 Old Gloucester Street
London WC1N 3AX.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Cookies Policy – Information Widebeam Digital collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On Widebeam Digital websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. All third parties are strictly required not to use any information for their own business or other purposes (see section 6 above).
c. Third Party Cookies in embedded content on Widebeam Digital pages
Please note that during your visits to Widebeam Digital websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to Widebeam Digital or Widebeam Digital’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Widebeam Digital does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
d. Widebeam Digital cookies and how to reject cookies?
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through Widebeam Digital website then you can find out how to do this but looking at the help section for your web browser. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites’ features.